A Technical Soccer Program for 4-7 Years Olds
(birthdates between 1/1/2010 - 12/31/2013)
Click here to register online
Program Objective: To provide an environment for players 4-7 years old (born between 1/1/2010 - 12/31/2013) that have demonstrated the ability and desire to develop at a higher rate than a recreational player. The Youth Development Academy Juniors program will focus on the development of individual technical skills in a team environment. The atmosphere that is created will also foster player growth in areas of balance, coordination, teamwork and sportsmanship.
Program Structure: Each YDA JRS team will have a dedicated parent or volunteer coach who will assist in training the teams and coach them during games. The program will have multiple technical directors who will run one technical session each week for the players and also oversee the optional Friday sessions. Practices will be held at Rainbow, Woodcroft on either Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday from approximately 5:00/5:30- 6:00/6:30.
- Games will occur on Saturdays at either Southern Community Park, Rainbow or Triangle Church. There will most likely be a few events throughout the year that will require Sunday afternoon participation (between 1:00 and 5:00 PM).
- The goal is create u6 and u8 teams, as well as all girls teams. This is all contingent on players location as well as numbers for each gender/age, but goal is create this for the program.
- Teams will be formed by age and partiipate in either u6 or u8 scheduling groups.
Benefits: In addition to providing a premier teaching environment, players will also receive at no additional cost:
- Optional technical/free play sessions over the summer on Tuesday evenings, 5:30-6:30pm, at the Rainbow fields. The first session will begin July 11th and the last session will be August 1.
- Summer kick-off camp June 26-28, 530-630pm at the Rainbow fields
- Optional in-season Friday technical training sessions
- Winter indoor futsal program
- UNC/Duke special events
- 1 uniform kit (1 jersey,1 short & 1 pair of socks, 2 training shirts)
- 1 personalized sweatshirt/jacket for training
- Participation in Fall and Spring festival events for the U8 teams.
- Optional tournament opportunities for the U8 teams.
Club Fees: Total club fees for the year will be $455 for the U8 program and $345 for the U6 program.
Questions? Email YDAJRS@triangleunited.org